Daily Montessori Classroom Schedules for Young Children, Pre-Primary, and Kindergarten Programs*
- 7:15 to 8:15 a.m.: ARRIVALS AND INDEPENDENT MONTESSORI WORK
- 8:15 to 11:15 a.m.: CIRCLE TIME, MONTESSORI PRESENTATIONS, AND INDEPENDENT MONTESSORI WORK CYCLE
- Practical Life, Sensorial, Math, Language, Science, Geography, Foreign Language, Music and Movement, Art, and Story Time.
- Children have 30 minutes during the morning for snack and/or outdoor playtime.
- 11:15 to 12:15 p.m.: SUPERVISED LUNCH and OUTDOOR PLAY
- 11:45 to 12:00 p.m.: HALF DAY DISMISSAL
- 12:15 to 2:15 p.m.: AFTERNOON WORK CYCLE FOR OLDER CHILDREN AND KINDERGARTEN CHILDREN
- Older Children and Kindergarten children have a 15-minute story/quiet time and continue their afternoon work cycle until 2:00 p.m., when we prepare for snack and dismissal.
- 12:15 to 2:00 p.m.: NAP TIME FOR YOUNGER CHILDREN
- Younger children lie down on their mats and rest while listening to soft, classical music and stories.
- 2:15 to 2:45 p.m.: SNACK, OUTDOOR ACTIVITY, MUSIC AND MOVEMENT
- 2:45 to 3:00 p.m.: FULL DAY DISMISSAL
- 3:00 to 3:15 p.m.: AFTER SCHOOL SNACK
- 3:15 to 6:00 p.m.: AFTER SCHOOL CARE ACTIVITIES
- Music and movement, songs, games, puzzles, reading, educational videos & extracurricular activities.
- Includes homework completion with staff assistance if applicable.
- 6:00 p.m.: END OF THE DAY.
A late payment charge of $1.00 per minute will apply to all children who are picked up late. This fee is to be paid in cash the following day to the Director.
*Schedule is subject to change depending on the needs of the children or inclement weather. Movies may be shown in cases of extreme or inclement weather.